Thursday, October 7, 2010

Welcome To The SENT NE Church Planting Network

This is the official blog for the SENT NE Multiplication Church Planting Network which will officially launch January 3, 2011.  Our mission is simple:

The SENT NE Multiplication Church Planting  Network exists as a movement of churches who believe that together we can be exponentially effective in our mission of reaching lost people in the Northeast by planting new churches, and by supporting existing churches.


As we move forward in the launch, this blog will keep you up to date on the latest developments as well as provide a greater understanding about our church planting movement.


For now, let me introduce myself. My name is Michael Smith, not Michael W. Smith, but Michael S. Smith. The great Christian music artist Michael W. is a distant relative dating back to Adam & Eve. As the Director of the network, I have the awesome privilege of leading a movement of churches that will have a growing impact upon the Northeast USA. 


I have been in ministry for over 20 years and have pastored both mid size and large churches. I am currently Lead Pastor of LifeQuest Community Church in Whitman, Massachusetts which my wife Brenda & I planted in 2002. I am also Northeast Field Director of Church Planting for the Eastern Regional Conference Churches of God, in a partnership with in the 2020Church Planting Initiative http://www.2020churchplanting.com/ . For the Northeast, our vision is to plant no less than 20 churches by 2020.


In the months to come we will be rolling out an exciting and informative website. In the meantime, you are invited to follow us on this blog.


Blessings!
Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment